Our Client is currently seeking a Director of Client Services and Technical Support
to lead their customer support and experience practice.
As an experienced software Client Services and Technical Support Director, the ideal contributor will lead a team of 10-15 technical support engineers focused on incident resolution, collaboration, knowledge creation, teamwork and community participation while driving high levels of customer satisfaction to help customers achieve their desired experience.
This position serves as a primary point of contact for pre-and post-sales incident escalation and responsible for facilitating communication between customers, product development, marketing and operations teams.
They are looking for a leader, coach and mentor who leads from the front that helps inspire teams, transforms processes while constantly evaluating technology and people to new levels of efficiency. They will lead change efforts and day-to-day engagements coming from an enterprise Support environment, with experience and understanding on how to move Client Support and related operations up the value stream from reactive to proactive while offering preventative models that can help reduce incident response.
Duties also include career development of support engineers through tailored individualized training plans, helping employees achieve their career goals while prioritizing the customer at the center of all we do.
Other responsibilities include the coordination of communications between numerous business units, tracking and communicating customer escalations, driving issues through to resolution, identifying trends, performing post action reviews, root cause analysis and implementing preventative and corrective actions. You will regularly interact with senior members of the management team.
This position will have demonstrated the skills and ability to effectively manage projects and communicate with accounts at all levels.
- Act as a customer escalation point for key issues, guide cases to resolution, and engage subject matter experts or interdepartmental resources as required to resolve issues.
- Provide appropriate technical and soft skills training and mentoring. Coach support team members on best practices and communications to continuously improve performance.
- Develop and implement innovative ideas exceeding customer expectations with service standards, such as case management, phone, community and email interactions while improving customer satisfaction and quality.
- KPI Development and Management: The Director will be responsible for the development, execution and tracking of standard operating procedures and metrics, providing operational analysis and report findings to the management team and colleagues.
- Collaborative – leads communication with teams, individuals or organizations to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Adaptable – flexibility to adjust and question one’s approach to meet the ever-changing demands of fluid situations
- Engage directly with clients to address issues, capture support requirements, and facilitate actions and initiatives to best align support with client expectations.
- Oversee the development of knowledge base articles based on new product information, support incidents, and/or common or critical issues.
- Perform ongoing queue reviews as well as quarterly and annual performance reviews.
- Work with Support leadership to manage team resource allocation and workload of the team, focusing on short term urgencies and long-term growth
- Communicate organization goals and objectives - set team and individual goals in accordance with overall organizational goals
- Customer Obsessed –seeks the highest levels of customer experience when prioritizing and leading work
- 6+ years’ experience in a global technical support management role helping mid-market or enterprise companies or customer service industry, product support, IT support or product development.
- Knowledge of SaaS and on-premise OR enterprise environments is preferred.
- Have exceptional customer-handling skills
- Exceptional people manager, strong mentor, coach and leader for mid to large distributed teams
- Experience hiring, developing, motivating and advancing strong technical support talent
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or equivalent work experience.